19 September 2013


autumn...

...it is getting colder and leaves are starting to fall from the trees - where have I been since the attempted blog reboot? well - I have been busying away on finishing off lots of 'makes' amongst other things that I will cover in future posts. the hedgehog pin cushion pile has decreased - just 25 left to stuff and embroider! above is a photo of some of the robin badges I made during a hectic two and a half weeks of frantic sewing which started during the August Bank Holiday. I was determined to get them all ready to send off to my lovely stockists in time as the forthcoming months can get quite busy. there are 54 of the robin badges available this year - all will come on numbered limited edition packaging. 

for the past week I have started feeling anxious and nervous about the future, now the plan of action is finally coming to an end. the plan was to make up everything I could using existing supplies/materials. i have been screenprinting the card designs and enjoyed an afternoon of lino printing with my friend Kayleigh when I last visited her in London - more on that later. the plan is to try and get something out of what I learned at the Summer School, the little stories and characters I created and to maybe work on some of the old ones too. I wonder if I can really draw at times and I still have no solid way of creating an image or some kind of style - it will be case of just starting and seeing what happens.

NEWS

I will be at the Crafty Fox Market on Saturday 5th October 2013 - 11am to 5pm at The Dogstar in Brixton. Please come and say hello.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Just to reassure you - you definitely can draw!! And maybe it's harder to see when you're looking at your own work, but you have a very recognisable style of illustration in both your drawings and your makes - I may have said it before but I think charming is the word :)