07 June 2013


sun...

...the weather outside is beautiful. I have been out enjoying it today. Third load of washing is out on the line and drying. I have been out on a driving lesson - went well and I went for an hours swim at the sports centre. it was so warm walking back that I had to take a layer off - a thin jumper. It was so nice to feel the summer warmth on my skin.

Day 6 - Bank Holiday Fun

Do not panic - there isn't a new one on the calendar - it is a Blog Every Day in May post #BEDM but I am doing it in June as I didn't keep up AND I have swapped Day 5 and Day 6 around. Day 5 will be posted tomorrow instead.

The question is - what are my favourite ways to enjoy the extra long weekends off?

An extra long weekend off happens every two weeks as my part time job runs to a two week rota. For example, this week I finished work on Wednesday at 5pm and my next working shift is on Tuesday from 5pm. Bank holidays do not affect me that much and it is only in recent years that I have been able to enjoy them. In previous employments, I have had to work regardless.

If I get any kind of time off - weekend, day, an hour or two, here are some of things I get up to. If the weather is nice, John and I go out on the motorbike to somewhere close by - a park/walking area place, a little village or town or just out riding/exploring. We don't go out on the bike if it is raining as it's not great to ride around in rain. Sometimes we go and sit in our back yard with a beer or watch a bit of telly - Time Team or a film. Army Deb and Mollie are usually come to visit or I may go Lichfield to see them. One of my favourite things to do with spare time is to read a book and then have a nap on the sofa with a blanket. Bliss. I love reading curled up. I am an avid reader but when it hits the summer months I tend to slow down and make the most of going outside. If I can, I will take a book outside to sit on the chair swing we have under the trees. Weekends or time off is mainly enjoyed at a leisurely pace whether that be making work or relaxing.

I thought the image above would suit this post. It was drawn back in March and I finally spent some time creating it in to a colour image. It would be cool to sit with a lion and read a book. There are ideas floating about with these two characters and the plan is to continue working with colour in any available form. I am really enjoyed the past three days in the work room. John has had to peel me away to eat!



No comments: