28 February 2012

a picture...

...with another story to share. earlier in the year, one of my friends sent me a link to an exhibition opportunity at Artlink which is in Hull - i did not have access to my computer at the time as i was staying with a friend in Stoke but made an application best i could to meet the deadline date using pictures saved from the web with access to a little netbook - my friend's family helped out! Out of three prints - Brian the Circus Lion was selected to be part of Artlink's (n.) craft exhibition that started on 3rd February and it runs until 24th March 2012. It is a showcase of high quality craft work, created using both traditional and unconventional techniques. It features ceramic works, a variety of textile arts, printmaking, jewellery and furniture. So if you are nearby - please pop in and have a look - please let me know if you do visit it as due to packing/moving - I was unable to go to the preview evening. Also, please have a wander round their new shop area as you may also spy some of my work in there. From the exhibition application, I was then asked to submit work for their shop. Two applications with double success.

No comments: