29 December 2011


challenge...

...for the year ahead is to make a quilt. one made from hexagons in the traditional way of 'piece-ing' it together by hand sewing or something like that. i have started tacking the fabric round hexagon shapes - doing about five or ten of these a day. the fabric was bought with intentions of making Christmas bunting to sell as it was manic this winter at the markets, online and between friends and family with the bunting. i was unable to get the usual fabric i make bunting with and so ordered some new stuff which when it arrived i was unsure about so instead of sending it back i decided to use it some other way and so started the task on 26th December while watching a naff Arnie film. The aim is to make about 150 to 200 hexagons and plan the overall layout of the quilt from there - there will be progress reports no doubt.

today i am off to the Post Office to send another hedgehog on its way and to pick up a puzzle magazine - i have taken to doing the competitions during illustration break times. resting the drawing brain cells but working on the thinking cells - beats putting the telly on as an half hour break can turn in to two hours especially if there is a Midsomer or similar on. Other tasks to tackle today is an important project with the butterflies, a new card design, a new moleskine design, printing of some large plush teeth as per a request and some other bits and bobs of printing.