01 November 2011


visit...

...today we have a photo and a few words from my good friend Cat. thought it would be nice to share something new and have a little change from my work and rambles. please enjoy.

'My name is Catherine and I run a shop on Etsy.com called JumpUp selling eco-friendly accessories, plushes and embroideries.
 These brooches are inspired by mountains and made out of a lovely grey jumper that someone accidentally shrunk in the wash and donated to charity. It was a gorgeous jumper by Lyle & Scott but it was too small and misshapen for the charity to sell normally. The fabric was beautifully felty and soft...so I bought it from the charity myself and used it to create new things.


The snow caps on the tips of the triangles are white wool yarn which I stitched by hand. The felt triangles are sewn together by hand in layers to create a thick brooch. You could wear these on a jumper, cardigan, or pin them to your bag...anywhere you like!


I make all my items from my studio in my home in the south west of England (Cornwall, land of scones and clotted cream!) but I can mail them anywhere in the world. I make my own envelopes for mailing, using pages from books with damaged covers, sheet music, etc. You can see my shop homepage here.'

No comments: