21 August 2009

oliver jeffers...

...yesterday i went to a special event that was at the Waterstone's in Manchester Arndale Centre. Mister Oliver Jeffers was there, drawing pictures while a lady read from two of his books! he showed us all how to make a paper plane and then held a paper plane flying competition. he did a bit of book signing and so i took along my copy of The Great Paper Caper for him to sign and he drew me an owl. in return I gave him a pirate lion postcard and a bird and button print. i also got one of the pictures that he drew whilst the lady was reading! the afternoon was super cool and it was amazing to meet and speak with Mr Jeffers as is one of my all time top illustrators! what a great day. i was tempted to draw a lion on the board before he arrived as he was a tad late but i didn't dare. maybe next time.

6 comments:

Kayleigh said...

that sounds like a brilliant day, wish i had been there. i love his illustrations, my favourite is the incredible book eating boy. :)

draw-a-rama said...

You defo should have kissed him...

Jennipeg said...

I'm fair jealous Debaroo, that sounds awesome! Are you going to show us the owl he drew for you? I've lost my incredible booking boy, I will replace it eventually. X X

Javmango said...

aww wow sounds amazing! he sounds a pretty cool guy.

Jennie said...

Ah, my little one loves that book when we read it in the evenings but does take it to heart and starts to think it is possible to eat books, he also likes Anthony Browne's work as we have quite a few of his books and he also likes 'The Day I swapped my Dad for two Goldfish' by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.

I am really glad you had a super day honey, good for you!!!

Jen x

Emm@ said...

Oh wow! You lucky thing! I would never have been brave enough to give him some of my own work.