30 April 2009

experimenting...

...with dry-point etching in the print room this afternoon. This print is based on one of the lions i saw playing a harmonica last year in St. Ann's Square. I quite like drawing music themed lions after watching Later with Jools last week so decided to replicate the doodle in print form. This is only the second time I have done a dry-point and I wasn't in the groove today for many reasons but after about four naff prints and a bit of editing with an etching awl thing, i got three prints to come out ok. the print is about 9 or 10cm squared and the paper I printed on was quite creamy looking. I had to use different paper than what i used to so i was a tad grumble-y. I have decided now that this is the image that I am going to draw on the piece of copper that I was saving for the surfing ladybird. i am off now to eat my favourite meal of sausages, mash, carrots and gravy. i will be as usual drawing after my tea. i have to fit it in as and when i can.

3 comments:

crom said...

hey Deb , thanks for your good wishes! This technique is looking good , I like the textures quite a lot. : )

Emm@ said...

Awww, he's lovely. Love the textures.

Jennie said...

Sounds very technical and clever, good for you!

Jen xxx