23 October 2008

people, children...

...and animals. to help me improve my character development of these subjects I have been drawing in the evening or during the day if i have time. i take a sheet or two of A4 and draw people from magazines or catalogues with crayons, felt tips or pencils. sometimes with my right hand and sometimes with my left hand. sometimes i look at the paper and sometimes i don't. i really like my fat chubby birds and i love drawing wild uncombed hair as i don't like brushing my own hair.

6 comments:

Kayleigh said...

wow i love these they are great. i like all the colours and how the characters are all different. i think i will have a go at this, gets lots of magazines and pens. my next project is the artist books ltd edition so this would look really good for that!

Javmango said...

This looks really nice d, caught my eye right away :)the kid eating the sandwich is ace. The colours work well on this

Inspector Marmalade said...

its great to see you drawing people debs, cant believe you didnt think you could. childrens book here you come! xox

Jennie said...

lovely colours, lovely composition, the polyptych/ tetraptych is also a super idea... mount em together!!!

Love jen xxx

crom said...

these are wicked ...I love the looseness about them...great work!!

Alice The Pixie Alien said...

this is excellent!! I want to see more of your people hanging out with the animals!!! :) a squirrel a fox & a little kid chillin out with the acorns in an oak tree...robotington watering the tree & then a few clouds too...yes yes!! x x