22 October 2008

colour...

...i have painted. a bit of a shock, i know but i am having a go at painting with colour. this is a segment of some shapes i painted last night. i must admit that i did have fun, mixing the paint up and splashing it about. with the help of a fabulous lady i am learning a lot about my drawing and illustration work whilst developing my skills. plus i have been given advice from other great people about my materials and painting techniques and i am off on a trip to the library tomorrow to do a bit of colour research. i am in love with golden acrylics at the moment. they are a tad more expensive but they are like diamonds you can paint with.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Diamonds you can paint with are a girl's best friend :) Glad to see you're having fun with colour (I'm still running away from it a bit as if its a communicable disease...)

Jennie said...

This is lovely! xxxxxxxxxxx

natural attrill said...

Fantastic - well done Deb!!!
P.x

clare said...

Fab colours here, Debs. 'Glad to hear you had fun mixing, etc too : )

xx

Christiane said...

Nice to see you're experimenting in different ways, I also saw the sketches above on IS - they're great!:o) I've got to try those fancy acrylics, never been a paint snob only when it comes to pencils but then they're cheap compared to paint...I think I'm using System3 and I'm sure it could be better.
Chx