07 September 2008

sunshine on a rainy day...

...the last post was very negative. sometimes i can not help but be pessimistic about stuff. i have given up on the computers thing for the moment and have my eyes set on a light box to help me draw new things from old sketches to develop and combine my characters. this week has been a very busy week and fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks. Here is a photo of me and my little sewing machine that the mister took on Monday. together we have sewn and made a lot of things over the last three years. I am now planning things for the Christmas markets and hopefully there will be time for new doodles.

6 comments:

david parkinson said...

sup debby if you teach me to screen print I can teach whatever you wanna know about photoshop. I work in a primary school now so I'm a sweet teacher

Inspector Marmalade said...

-nudge- has the pixie been and told you about the greetings cards fair she went to? there is one in spring i think. its an idea lass, those cards you made with the fabric on are lovely! and I think your lions would work well as a greetings card set playing tennis, eatting cakes n whatnot, any of your characters would infact. Us 3, taking on the greetings card industry.. OH YEAH! you dont need illustra-blurgh for that! ^_^

paula said...

Hello Ladysnail :o) you look like a busy bee sewing away at your little sewing machine!

I often get an attack of the old pessimism/self-doubt, I think it's hard not to! (and I end up feeling bad for feeling like that!) I have concluded that I am an 'optimistic pessimist' or a 'pessimistic optimist' (one of the two, anyway...)

I hope your feeling chipper now, it's horrible feeling blue. I love your drawings and ideas, they are so fun and modern and characterful.

paula x

natural attrill said...

Hi Deb,
I really admire the work you do, you always seem to be so busy creating things. It is very difficult to be self motivated, looks to me like you are doing really well.
Good luck with Christmas markets, though I hope to see you before then.
P.x

Jennie said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Jen

Deb said...

thanks everyone for the nice comments. thank you for putting a smile on my face. dx.