22 September 2008

draw what you see...

...which is what i often do when i am out and about in manchester. i do not have time to go out drawing as often as before so i have to depend upon my imagination which as we both know can lead to me drawing repetitive doodles. i have still to be brave with colour but that will come in time. i went to play on the photo-copier in the round library last week so i have some enlargements to play with later but there is stitching to do first. my two knitting machines arrived on Saturday. i have not got a clue how to work one at all so when there is a window of free time and a desk of space, i will be trying to teach myself.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

More great sketches :) I love the sausage dogs!

Jennie said...

Hello honey! Sorry I have not commented for a bit - lots on and my brain is giddy at the moment. Hey, my mum used to have a knitting machine - it was amazing! She would sweep the thing back and forth and this would knit a whole line of knitting in seconds! - amazing! You would get a scarf knitted really quickly I can tell you and just imagine - you could put the colours you love into it! Yey and then you could make jumpers and characters and....

stop me I am waffling! I have a 'bog standard' sewing machine, but a knitting machine is well, on a level with an overlocker or an embriodery machine - posh stuff! Good for you honey! Enjoy!

Jen xxx