10 August 2008

Thursday...

...this is a page i created on Thursday. i decided to try a little collage experiment on this page with cut outs from an old copy of vogue that was sat doing nothing on the bookshelves. the two big stripy fish and two of the allotment patches were what i did but i decided that it was getting too small and fiddley for me as my sketchbook is only tiny. i enjoyed gluing and sticking and more experiments are in the pipeline but as it is only a week away until i go on holiday, i am finding it increasingly difficult to stay focused! i will be taking my sketchbook on holiday with me as i cant wait to draw 'holidaying' lions that i will see in Turkey. i must now return to the sewing machine as i have forty eight rainclouds to sew and about 150 odd raindrops.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Where are the fishes going?
Collage is tricky...maybe you could scan in the papers and the drawings and use potatochop?
Looking forward to seeing the new rainclouds.

Deb said...

hello cat. the rainclouds are the same as before but the greys and blues are ever so slightly different. some of the clouds are quite dark grey like the thunder storm ones. dx.

natural attrill said...

I like the collaged elementd on your doodles Deb, look forward to seeing more!
P.x

Javmango said...

I don't think I've ever seen so many lions... so many lions...

they look cool though :D