22 July 2008

page eighteen...

...or thereabouts of the lion sketchbook. i think i drew some of these while i was half asleep. lion has now found a dog but i don't like drawing them so i think he needs more fish and birds, well better birds. i went out drawing with Andy yesterday which was great. we went to St. Ann's Square where there is a jazz festival going on but there were no one playing when we were there. we also went and drew at the Urbis, outside on the grass and inside on the comfy chairs. i have to add that these pages are yet to appear on the blog! i am trying to keep it to posting a page a day etc. i am one and a half pages in front of what is pictured above. in the evening we met up with the mister and went to watch 'wall-e'. it was fantastic. i loved it! go watch it. go watch it now. i still have not got very far with my to-do list and job hunting is breaking my spirit. i wish i was a colouring-in person for disney/pixar.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I love how you've done the fish all different colours. The dog is fab too! That lion in the bottom right hand corner has a wonderful expression. :) Really enjoying looking at all these pages of doodlings.

ali graney said...

you should draw emo lions outside urbis, the place is swimmin in 'em x

Jennie said...

Jazz? Ah I once went to a Jazz club - many years ago when I lived in Cheltenham... it was a most enlightening experience....

I love your sketch pad work! Super stuff! Cute cute cute! I also love the little fish in different colours. I have seen a funky illustrator's work- they used lots of different coloured pens, but I have forgotten their name... hmmm they did some illustrations for a supermarket... now, who was it? Anyway, all the different coloured pen line drawings and shapes were kind of overlayed over one another and over lapping, it looked very good.

hmmm. luv jen xxx

hey, have found him... here's a link to his site... don't know who he is, but like the work!!!

http://www.jonnyvoss.com/index.html

Luv Jen xxx

crom said...

ahhwwww I love that little dog!!!..whats his name?
dont let the job hunting blues get you. be strong. things come together at the end ....you just need to endure and never give up. at the end only the strongest ones remain (wow I think I went a bit cheese hollywood there ..but ehrmm yeahhh) ^ _ ^

natural attrill said...

Why dont you contact Disney then? no harm trying!
I did, a couple of years ago, and they commissioned me to do some colouring in by hand for stationary, maybe not your dream, of working on a movie, but still work!
Nothing ventured nothing gained they say.

I love the little coloured fish swimming through your drawing.
P.x

Emm@ said...

I love the Lion holding the dog like it's a baby!