18 June 2008




a pride of lions...

...a couple of pages from the little sketchbook. some doodles i drew while on the train the other day. a bit of observational drawing of glasses and conversation. as usual the images are getting repetitive but this is not a bad thing as the character is developing. i can see that my illustrations are similar to ones that i have been looking at. inspiration is a good thing and a bad thing as these influences are helping me to find my own way of drawing things. i am hoping to make my lion out of fabric over the next couple of weeks alongside a new batch of things. i think the lion will be a new step in the right direction but we shall see where he fits in with the rest of the characters. i may have to photocopy him and colour him in soon and add more doodles to the pages. i am hoping tomorrow that i will get round to finally drawing him and his allotment on the piece of copper i prepared the other day.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love the lions - I can't decide which I like best! The curly loopy mane is great. Can't wait to see the fabric version.