18 June 2008

midday in the mall...

...in costa coffee. today is artlab day. am going to go along ad clean my silkscreen ready for some postcard designs or whatever i draw tonight. these lions are some that i saw while i was having a rest from wandering round like a lost sheep in the mall. i looked in some shops but am on strict saving mission at the moment for a super duper sewing machine. i quite like the lion on his mobile. a guy was watching me doodle-he is the one in top right corner of the square page. the one on the receipt is me. i look a bit odd as a lion and i drew another one with a bag of books which is more like me. it is wearing a pair of boots. i quite liked doing this little doodle mission.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Coffee....mmmmmm I love coffee it is the best drink in the world!

Ignore any doodle watchers - they are only mystified... I have a little sketch pad I take out and about with me. It is full of half finished sketches of people and doodles of mermaids and stuff.. lots of eyes too of course!

Catherine said...

Brilliant sketches. I wish mine were that neat!

Nought Point Two said...

I like the receipt.

CJBx

crom said...

hey , Im loving your work!..it was pretty cool to see it at the d & ad.

crom said...

hey thanks a lot for your kind words on bear&boy
^ _ ^ they are very fond of you by now.
I havent tried magma for many reasons , and one of them is that I havent placed my order to get more books and I would like to see how things go at playlounge first. I would love to have a publisher so I can print them in lovely paper : )
I love the simplicity of your drawings by the way. stay tuned and we may work on some collaboration on day , you never know.