17 June 2008

doodle...

...me and my little square sketchbook are friends at the moment. i have had trouble keeping a sketchbook over the last year or so but somehow me and old square are back on track. it is better than trying to keep hold and track of several loose pieces of paper. as young child, i loved big cats especially lions and drew them all the time. so the other day i thought why not draw a lion-i am also a leo. so there i sat and doodled and somehow he is now the proud owner of a vegetable patch. i would if his patch is next to mister robotington's patch? they may meet one day. so in the print room, i have prepared two pieces of copper of which i am going to draw these designs onto later. illustration outside of uni is scary but i am finding my own feet and am gaining a lot of confidence in my way of doing things.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Yay for doodling and sketching! The other day I decided to have a go at drawing horses because I have not drawn many- they tend to resemble cows when I draw them; probably because I have drawn cows from life, but alas horses with rectangular bodies look very odd when drawn quickly on a white board and make students laugh, so I decided enough is enough, so I have been sketching them a bit. They have really skinny legs and huge bottoms and heads!