15 May 2008

so you want to be a cowboy...

...do you know that's it more than just the ride? printed last night in artlab at the very last minute. i also managed to get two full posters printed out onto somerset satin and they look beautiful. i am so pleased with how this design turned out. the lettering was easier to sort out than the robber bird image. i had drew him out but it was difficult to decide how to colour him in. in the end i went for a textured approach, using potatochop, pencil crayons and a bit of gray scaling and bit mapping. after all that i just stuck him on the old school photocopier to sharpen him up a tad.

4 comments:

Jennipeg said...

Oh my god that is amazing! I Love the little boots, with spurs and everything. I hope everyone is okay up there, and not getting too stressed. I'm working on my 2nd to last image, they seem to be taking forever these days, I think i've lost my stamina. It's too sunny to work don't you think? X

ali graney said...

...but for some reason I thought the robber bird was a Lady!! Great spurrs mrs x

ali graney said...

ah, i see all the way through you referred to him as he. i'll get my coat.

ladysnail said...

aye. dont worry ali-others have said the same, that they thought he looked abit girly with them spurs but he wants to look all flash like and sometimes mens shoes are bit boring so he bought some girly ones instead. dx.