20 March 2008


new doodles...

...staying on the theme of teapots. i have been drawing teapots of all kinds of shapes, jugs, cutlery, mugs, cups, irons and kettles. it is kind of a diary of my thoughts or what i do in a do. sometimes it is about the characters that i draw. i just write what i think i should write or what i hear people say. i am now off to finish off a lino print. it is just of some buttons for the robotington story as i am working on some semester one work while we are on an Easter break at university alongside semester two work. i think i have had a break through with my grandad and the bird tree story so am leaving that for the weekend. please click on the images to see them larger.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Deb, these are so great - I like how some kettles have moustaches or rosy cheeks etc. I love the little faces, think you should sell little decal stickers of them that people can stick on their own kettles. I wouldn't get cross with my kettle taking so long to boil if it had a friendly face, I'm sure of it!

ladysnail said...

hello cat. thank you for your comment. that is the next phase of the plan actually! i ordered some decal sticker stuff and now just need to go on a hunt for teapots cups and plates etc. dx.

Catherine said...

Great! :D

moombaduo- Andy Wong said...

Awesome! I love the ones iwth the monobrow(and the mustaches-of course^-^)

they're all really charming and work nicely, also really like the tiny teacup resting with his eyes closed^-^

ali graney said...

I forgot about the argos catalogues i will post it tmo, sorry there are loads of hilarious things to look at x

clare said...

I love these all, Debs - the cute little faces, and the words you find to use with them!
Cxx