28 February 2008

discovery...
...of the sea bees. while at artlab last night i saw a sea bee for the first time. i thought i had best doodle it out of my head as soon as i could. thanks go to inspector marmalade who helped me loads yesterday with getting back on the ball. she suggested i doodle a shaping shifting snail for a beast book submission but i saw 'sea-bee' on a list of mythical beasts that she had and so i went with that. Wednesday nights are what i now call light bulb nights as things just seem to click every week. last night i went to the last of the three talks at artlab. we had to work with two sheets of newspaper with a focused and planned idea. i completed the task just about five minutes later than planned. aye five minutes is not keeping within a deadline but i am learning.

a group of sea bees is called a swool. usage - i saw a swool of sea bees on Wednesday evening. have you ever seen a swool of sea bees?

also a huge thank you to ali who showed me how to do 'duotone' on potatochop. it a new experiment that i like to play with.

4 comments:

natural attrill said...

A swool of sea bees, how wonderful! do they have a swooly sea buzz I wonder?
Just looked at my comment last time, and i meant 'flower pot houses' not holders, sorry, silly me.
Good luck with all your work D!
P.x

Inspector Marmalade said...

no worries miss snail, I dont know anyone that could have done them better ^_^ when is their secret plan going to take effect? Im not a spy for the other side I promise, I've just gotta tell my cats when its din din time xoxox

karen said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I am going to keep a note of yours and keep checking back because I love illustration but can't draw to save my life. I am definitely a frustrated wannabe illustrator!!

Deux Anges said...

Like it!

The leader reminds me of Dick Dastardly. Must be the handlebar moustache and eyebrows....