31 January 2007



bunch of pidgeons...

...seeking a new home. each are £12 with postage and packaging included. i did originally post these as individual photos but thought they looked better all together. on average they are 12cm wide-from their tailend to their beak. length wise they are about 15cm from the hoop in the middle of their body to the tips of their legs. pidgeons are made from cotton and sewn on the sewing machine except for abit of hand stitching. afew are made from printing a collage i made on to fabric printer paper. their eyes are buttons and the body is filled with soft fibre filling. they all have a majic glass pebble inside to help weigh them down abit when hung up using the hoop. please have a browse and email me if you wish to buy a pidgeon, miss_dj020@msn.com. thans for looking and having a spy.

10 comments:

natural attrill said...

They're soooo sweet!
Lovely fabrics.
Toby.x

natural attrill said...

They're sooo sweet!
Lovely fabrics,
Toby.x

ladysnail said...

thank you toby. i have told myself - no more fabric! its so tempting to keep buying more! fat quarters are the way to go but they are difficult to find in preston. i am like a craft magpie - buttons, fabric and threads catch my eye all the time!

natural attrill said...

Hello, just seen my son has already commented doubly! but wanted to add that I think they are great too, they do look really good altogether but I like the pic with all the buttons around the best.
Good luck, hope you have lots of sales!Penny.

Pea said...

Ladysnail, I know! Where do you get your fabric in Preston?! When I was there I could only find a couple of market stalls which were ok but not great. That was 5 years ago tho (gasp!)
Fat quarters a-plenty in Leeds. I bet you can buy them online?
By the way, ace pidgeons! I'd like one- must check my bank balance first x

ladysnail said...

thanks pea. there are two fabric stalls in the open market bit but they really dont do nice patterned fabric and there is a shop in the market but thats the same. i mostly buy mine from the web but will have to check fabric shop places when i next visit leeds. back home in hudds there's quite afew places-especailly for fat quarters. dx

holly-rose said...

wow- these look great! Are you going to try and get them into shops etc? I think you should... :-)

ladysnail said...

thanks holly-rose. i have been thinking about shops but i am quite shy and get all tongue-tied and jumbled up when i talk so will have to just try it and see. get it over and done with!x

Lauren said...

They are cool! I can see them selling these in afflecks palace in manchester!

mermaid_misk said...

Love your pigeons Debs and they look so fabulous all together like this! You've been a busy bee too! x